Booking Terms & Conditions for 2 Island Square, St Ives
Please read the terms and conditions of booking carefully. You are legally bound by these when you sign or tick the booking form. These conditions cancel all previous conditions of booking.
Bookings are a hiring contract between the Owner, Alison Dedman and the hirer for which the booking is made in accordance with the following conditions of hire:
1. A reservation deposit of 40% of the rental is to be paid online or by Bank transfer in accordance with the issued payment request. Please note that there are NO fees for using your European credit or debit card however there is a 1.5% surcharge on all non-european payment cards.
2. Provisionally affirmed telephone and email bookings will be held for a period of four working days pending the receipt of reservation deposit payments.
3. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to the acceptance of the booking, the hirer becomes liable for the balance of the rental (see item 7 below), plus damage deposit (see item 10 below) for the period of the letting to be received not less than 28 days before the commencement of the letting.
4. For bookings made 28 days or less before arrival the full amount plus damage deposit (see item 10 below) is to be paid on booking in full.
5. We regret that we cannot accept any bookings from persons under 18 years of age.
6. Cancellation for any reason is the total responsibility of the hirer. We advise the hirer to organise their own comprehensive insurance.
7. Any cancellation or amendment, for whatever the reason, must be confirmed in writing and received prior to the commencement of the letting. Upon receipt of any cancellation, The owner will endeavour to re-let the property for the period concerned or any such part thereof as may prove possible. If such a re-letting can be arranged then we shall, at our sole discretion, refund the monies paid less any and all costs incurred in re-letting, including a £30 administration fee. If the property is not re-let for any reason then the hirer is legally liable for the whole rental.
8. All lettings are for holiday purposes only and to the persons named on the booking form. The exact number of persons allowed in the property is clearly stated in every description. Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated occupy a property. The owner reserves the right to refuse admittance and terminate the letting forthwith if this condition is not observed.
9. Well behaved dogs, where allowed, are charged at an extra rate £25 per pet per week. They should never be left unattended or allowed on any furnishings and restricted to the ground floor only.
10. A damage deposit of £150 is payable with the balance of rental and will be refunded to the hirer within 10 working days provided that the property is left in an acceptable condition and no expenditure is required to rectify any loss or damage to the property. The hirer is totally responsible for the property and is expected to take all reasonable care of it. The property must be left in a clean and tidy condition, otherwise an extra cleaning charge could be made. Should the hirer or any of the hirer’s group or guests vacate the property after 10a.m on the day of departure or leave the accommodation in an unacceptable condition for occupation by the following tenants, the hirer will be liable for all costs in making good damage, breakages, missing items, loss of income and cleaning charges as incurred. Where any costs incurred exceed the damage deposit held, the hirer will be liable to pay the excess charges.
11. Value Added Tax (VAT) is not included in the rentals and charges quoted.
12. Any complaints regarding the property must be made to the owner or maintenance team within 24 hours of arrival so that remedial action can be taken if necessary. In no circumstances will compensation be paid for complaints made after the tenancy has ended.
13. All tenancies are from Saturday to Saturday except where otherwise stated and all tenancies will commence after 3pm on the first day of the tenancy and terminate at 10am on the final day when keys must be returned to our key safe at the property.
14. The booking is made on the understanding that the holiday home will be placed at the hirer’s disposal on the date stated. If this should not be possible through circumstances beyond the owners’ control (e.g. fire, theft, damage etc.) The owner cannot guarantee to provide an alternative holiday home, in which case the booking deposit and rental, if paid, will be returned in full but the hirer will have no claim against The owner.
15. All tenants, guests and visitors are totally responsible for their personal property. The owners accept no responsibility or liability for any injury sustained, loss or damage to any person, vehicle or property brought on to the premises howsoever caused.
16. The owners reserve the right to alter, delete amenities or facilities either advertised or previously available without prior notice.
17. Bed linen, where included, is changed on changeover dates. Towels, tea towels and bath mats are also provided however the hirer should provide their own beach towels. Bed linen charges, where applicable, are to be paid with the balance of the rental.
18. The information provided by the owner is offered in all good faith and has been compiled with care and diligence. However, the owner does not accept any liability for disappointment, costs of travel, inspection or other items.
Important note. Should there be anything you feel we should be made aware of in order to ensure your comfort and safety during your stay, please do not hesitate to inform us.